Practical refinement. Power and efficiency. Cargo space that you’d expect from a larger SUV. Terrain delivers without compromise. Add in new technologies, superior fit and finish and exceptional safety features and you’ll see why Terrain is the total package.
MULTIFLEX REAR SEAT SYSTEM
Terrain's easy-to-use MultiFlex rear seat system maximizes the comfort and utility of this compact SUV.
60/40 split & fold second-row
39.9" rear leg room
Slides nearly 8" up and back
This crossover SUV is not just capable on the inside. It's also warm, inviting and comfortable.
Color Touch Radio
Available heated front seats
Available Pioneer Premium Audio
Available 8-Way Power Drivers Seat
Acoustics isn’t just about what you hear. In this crossover, it’s also about what you don’t. These features all aid in Terrain’s remarkably quiet ride.
A laid-back windshield angle
Tight construction to minimize air leaks and exterior sound
Triple door seals and acoustic-laminated windshield and front side glass
Utility is only part of Terrain’s story. Terrain separates itself from the rest with standard technologies that make it safer, smarter, more capable and comfortable. But make no mistake, every innovation has a purpose. To give you a superior experience. Everyday.
There’s nothing more important than the safety of drivers and passengers in our vehicles. We’re constantly finding new technologies and innovations to make our vehicles safer to operate and better equipped to take on the unexpected.
360 DEGREES OF SAFETY
The Terrain is equipped with 6 airbags9, including front side-impact and head curtain as well as anti-lock brakes giving your crossover SUV safety features inside and out.
LANE DEPARTURE WARNING
Alerts the driver if the Terrain wanders from the lane without using a turn signal.
2014 TOP SAFETY PICK+
The GMC Terrain with available Forward Collision Alert has been named a 2014 Top Safety Pick+ by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. The Terrain is one of only two midsize SUVs to earn this prestigious rating. Nine vehicles were evaluated total.
FORWARD COLLISION ALERT
Provides audible and visual signal if it appears that a collision may be imminent.
ULTRASONIC REAR PARK ASSIST
This enhanced system senses objects behind you when driving in reverse. Engineered to detect smaller objects up to 2 m away. The closer you get, the faster the tone sounds.
Terrain’s performance goes beyond torque and horsepower. This crossover uses the latest technologies to maximize fuel efficiency2, give you the power when you need it and help keep you in control no matter what the road conditions.
6-SPEED AUTOMATIC WITH OVERDRIVE
Terrain’s transmission offers a wide ratio spread for power in the low gears and efficiency in the high ones.
STABILITRAK WITH TRACTION CONTROL
StabiliTrak senses when the vehicle is not responding to road conditions and adjusts wheel speed using engine power and braking to help you maintain control.
ALL WHEEL DRIVE
To maximize driver control, the AWD provides extra traction and adjusts torque in changing road conditions. With an EPA-estimated 12 hwy km/l on AWD model with 2.4L I-4 VVT.
FULLY INDEPENDENT SUSPENSION
Terrain is engineered with four-wheel independent suspension that offers a steady smooth ride and a precise feel for the road.
The available trailering package lets you make the most of the unsurpassed maximum trailering capacity in its class (1588 Kg).11
AUTOMATIC GRADE BRAKING
This system commands the transmission to remain in a lower gear to assist in deceleration on a downgrade, with or without a trailer attached.
HILL START BRAKE ASSIST
As soon as you lift your foot off the brake while the vehicle is on a hill, this system holds brake pressure for 1.5 seconds to give you time to press the accelerator.
3.6L V-6 VVT SIDI ENGINE
At the heart of Terrain’s performance and power is the 3.6L V-6 engine. Delivering 301 HP@ 6500 RPM -- plus acceleration speeds of 0 to 60 in 6.7 seconds -- it is built to truly get you moving. The 3.6L powertrain FWD offers EPA-estimated 10 hwy km/l and comes with dual integrated exhaust tips for improved airflow.
1. The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price excludes destination freight charge, tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment. See your GMC dealer for details. Click here to see all GMC destination freight charges.
2. EPA est. with 4 cylinder front wheel drive 9 city/14 hwy km/l. Based on 2012 GM Compact Crossover segment, EPA highway estimate and fuel tank capacity. Your range may be less.
3. Cargo and load capacity limited by weight and distribution.
4. Heated seats can be activated when using the available remote start.
5. Not compatible with all devices.
6. Go to www.gmtotalconect.com to find out which phones are compatible with the vehicle.
7. Full functionality requires compatible Bluetooth and Smartphone. Some devices require USB connectivity.
8. Airbag inflation can cause severe injury or death to anyone too close to the bag when it deploys. Be sure every occupant is properly restrained. Always use safety belts and the correct child restraints for your child's age and size. Even in vehicles equipped with air bags and the Passenger Sensing System, children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat. Never place a rear-facing infant restraint in the front seat of any vehicle equipped with an active frontal air bag. See the vehicle's Owner's Manual and child safety seat instructions for more safety information.
9. V6 equipped models only. Maximum trailer weight ratings are calculated assuming a base vehicle, except for any option(s) necessary to achieve the rating, plus driver.
10. E85 is 85% ethanol and 15% gasoline. Find E85 stations near you.
11. Some actions completed by Siri, such as search results, may not be displayed on the touch screen of the vehicle.